Thursday 21 September 2017

Collection loose powder review

Hey guys! So recently I went into Superdrug and spotted some loose powder by collection. It is £2.99 and I wanted to try some loose powder so I thought I would give it a go. I haven't really seen any reviews of this so I thought I would review it for you guys. This powder comes in two shades, "translucent" and "barely there" but honestly I couldn't really notice the difference between the two shades, to be honest.



The powder comes with 20g of powder, a little sponge, and a sieve. But I don't know if I am being an idiot but I can't work out how to get the powder to come through the plastic sieve thing like I don't understand! Anyway, I had to take that little plastic thing out and I just sort of tip some of the powder into it which is super messy! On my skin tone, the powder is not pale enough to bake with really since it has some orange undertones and isn't any lighter than my skin tone so I just use this to set my face. I would not recommend this for people paler than me really, I think I just about get away with it but any paler and I think it would come across as really orange.

I do use this powder all over my face but it is better to set under the eyes I think as I have quite dry skin in places thanks to my acne medication and it does collect a bit on my dry skin. For me this powder doesn't look heavy on the skin but it feels heavy. I wear a heavy foundation so it sort of feels a bit mask like for me.

I really like the way the powder looks along my pores, it blurs my skin and looks really smooth. it does settle down what little oiliness I have but since my face doesn't really get oily during the day (i very rarely need to powder for oiliness really) I can't comment on that too much.

For me the biggest downfall really is the packaging it's extremely messy and I wouldn't dream of traveling with this powder or doing it on the go it would be a disaster. I would say to be careful as the packaging makes it hard to control the amount so you just have to be careful with it. When I tried to remove the sieve for the first time I actually spilled a load of the product down me just by opening it, and even just by putting it on my face I get powder everywhere.

The powder also says it can be used on its own too without foundation if you are looking for some light coverage for school maybe! It does have a funny old lady smell which I am not overly keen on to be honest and it is quite strong.

Overall despite it's smell and the awful packaging I do quite like this powder. I think it gives a nice finish to the face and a nice blurring effect. I just won't be traveling anytime soon with this powder.

Have you tried this? What did you think?
Lots of love,
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment