Tuesday 22 August 2017

My nighttime routine

Hey guys! Today I am going to tell you about my nighttime routine, what I do before I go to sleep! I have seen a lot of these and always enjoyed reading them but I have never done my own.


So firstly, before I start getting ready for bed, I like to put some music on my Bluetooth speaker and light a candle. I love listening to some music like Marina and The Diamonds, or Kodaline while I am getting ready for bed as it relaxes me. At the moment I am burning a Summer Scoop Yankee votive and I am obsessed with it, it smells like raspberry ripple ice cream. I usually end up having a bit of a dance around my room too!


Then, I take my makeup off. I have talked about this before so I won't go into too much detail about my skincare. I take my eye makeup off with my Garnier micellar water and then cleanse with my Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser. Then I often exfoliate using my L'oreal red clay scrub and then tone using the Pixi glow tonic and then moisturise with my Clinique dramatically different moisturiser. 



Then, I brush my teeth and use some mouthwash. At the moment I am using the Listerine advanced white mouthwash to test out for a future post. 



After that, I like to get into my pyjamas. If it's winter I love getting into my warm pjays and getting all comfortable in bed and even in the summer I like to wear little short sets, I am obsessed with pjamas it's definitly a big part of my nighttime routine!

when I get into bed I often do some reading or watch some youtube before I go to bed. At the moment I am reading The Taxidermists Daughter by Kate Mosse and I'm really enjoying it actually. Also before I go to bed at the moment I am enjoying doing some french on the Duolingo app! I am trying to pick up my French a bit more so I am loving this app.



Just before I go to sleep I put some Cutex intense recovery on my nails. My nails are quite dry at the moment since I have had gel nails for a while so I put this on to hydrate them and to keep them strong. 



After I turn my lights off I like to scroll through social media and Tumblr for a bit which definitely is not the best thing to do before you sleep but I can't sleep unless I've checked my social media! 

And thats it! That is my usual nighttime routine! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Lots of love,
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment