Monday 31 July 2017

First impressions #2- Makeup Revolution pomade, lipkit and Miss baby roll mascara

Hey guys! By the time this goes up I will be going on holiday the next day! I am going to the Cotswolds for a week with my family so there will be no blog posts for a week! I know I have fairly recently just done another first impressions, but I loved doing it so much that I really wanted to do another one! Superdrug have a 3 for 2 deal on at the moment so I picked up a few bits and I wanted to tell you my first impressions! I have literally just put these products on my face to come and write this post.





The first new product I used was the Makeup revolution eyebrow pomade in soft brown. I think this was a good match for me, despite being blonde I have quite dark eyebrows! I have never used a pomade before so I can't really give you a review where I compare it to other products. But it was really easy and soft to use and I liked the consistency. I was a bit afraid it would be too "dramatic" compared to my brow powders, but I actually didn't think it was too extreme or anything and I am looking forward to trying this product out some more! For £6 you can't go wrong

The second new product I used (the one I originally wanted to go into superdrug for) was the Loreal miss baby roll mascara. This mascara has been everywhere lately and I really wanted to try it! I actually nearly bought this in teal blue until the cashier pointed it out! So I quickly went back and got it in black! My first impressions is that I do really like this mascara. It is really volumizing and gave my flat eyelashes some drama! It is quite a dramatic mascara but I  personally need that otherwise you just can't see them! Obviously I can't comment on how this lasts but I do think I will really like this mascara. I wish it was a little big more lengthening or curling.

Finally, the third product I tried out was the makeup revolution lip kit in Echelon. I have heard some really good things about these lipkits and only just got round to trying them. I really liked the lipliner, it was soft and creamy. I do have to say that the liquid lipstick feels quite drying and heavy, like it's sat on top of my lip in a sticky sort of way even when it's dried. I am also not 100% sure on the colour, obviously, this is personal opinion but it is a little bit darker than I expected actually and looks completely different to how it looks in the tube! I think I will like it more in autumn and winter, for me it's like a dark purple browny sort of colour whereas in the tube it looks like a ligher nude and did not look purplely at all! I don't have a colour like this in my collection which is good! I need to try this out a few more times and see what I think.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?
Lots of love,
Eleanor x


No comments:

Post a Comment