Friday 16 June 2017

Our Current Playlists (With Natalie Benton)

Hey lovelies! So today I have a post that I have worked on with Natalie from Gorgeous and Geeky all about what music we have been listening to lately! I hope you enjoy! Natalie is talking about her playlist first and then I will be talking about mine!

Hello, my name is Natalie Benton and I am from Gorgeous and Geeky .  A few months ago, I saw Eleanor look for collaboration guests on Twitter and I contacted her.  After a few unexpected incidents that got in the way (mostly work-related), I am glad to finally be able to write a post with her!  We agreed on writing about our current playlists/most-listened to artists.  I am incredibly excited to write about this topic, as music is a huge passion of mine; I am always booking tickets to go see live concerts!

To make this post more challenging (I could choose so many), I chose to write about my top 5 artists/songs/albums at the moment.  

Natalie's Playlist 
  
1        1)  Lana Del Rey featuring The Weeknd, Lust for Life


I’ve been a fan of Lana’s for years; I feel like her melancholic music which shows a desperate need for understanding helps me explain all the deep, dark feelings I have but typically hide.  Personality-wise, I am a cheerful, bubbly girl who strives to be positive, but I have a painfully realistic and depressed side very few people see.  Her cinematic and moving songs make me feel understood, like I’m not alone.  “Ride” is my anthem, and I want “just ride” tattooed on me one day.   While I love LDR’s thought-provoking and tragic lyrics/sound, I was absolutely over the moon with her new singles from her upcoming album.  I feel as though I can relate to her in a completely new way.  In “Lust for Life,” I am inspired by the dreamy lyrics “and a lust for life… keeps us alive,” for it reminds me that even though bad days happen, I still continue to do my best and live my life to the fullest.  Plus, it wouldn’t be LDR without a darker connection (check out the relation to Peg Entwistle, who committed suicide by jumping from the H of the Hollywood sign).

2)       The Chainsmokers and Coldplay, Something Just Like This
Coldplay has always had an effect on me with their mix of harmonious tunes and profound lyrics (cue Everglow).  The Chainsmokers make the hair on my neck stand up with their blood-pumping songs.  Put these 2 bands together, mention Spiderman and Batman in the lyrics, and I am absolutely loving it!  Since the moment I heard this song, I’ve had it on repeat.  I also admire what this song represents: the fact that we don’t need to have some otherworldly love to be happy.  The best love I’ve ever experienced is one where I can show my flaws and not pretend to be someone with “superhero gifts.” 
    
3         3)  Miley Cyrus, Malibu
This song is a guilty pleasure of mine.  I won’t lie: I have had this song on repeat until my partner is singing “Maliboooo” like Miley haha!  I watched Miley on Hannah Montana when I was a teen and witnessed her grow into Molly-induced Miley who showed the world she was no longer a Disney star at the 2013 VMA’s.  I was not a huge fan of the “I’m trying too hard to be an adult” Miley and was pleasantly surprised when she released “Malibu.”  When I listen to this song, I can relate because it comes from a place of growth.  She’s grown up, she’s made mistakes but she came back to where she belongs and is happy.  Reminds me of that Tay-Tay lyric from “This Love”: when you’re young you just run, but you come back to what you need.


            4)  Royal Blood, Lights Out
My bestest friend introduced me to Royal Blood a few years ago and I’ve been a massive fan ever since I first heard “Little Monster.”  I was truly impressed with this 2-man band from Brighton; when you listen to their music, you wouldn’t believe it’s only 2 dudes!  After the release of their first album in 2014, Royal Blood have been fairly quite.  Thankfully they recently announced they’re back with a new album, How Did We Get So Dark?  The first single is “Lights Out,” and I have had this song on repeat as well.  You can tell by the sound that it’s Royal Blood and piques interest in their sophomore album.
      

      5) Halsey, hopeless fountain kingdom



Last but not least is my absolute favourite album at the moment.  I was completely obsessed with Halsey’s first album, Badlands, with its industrial-pop sound featuring songs about mental illness and relationships.  When Halsey teased her Romeo-and-Juliet-themed album, I was intrigued, especially as it acts as a prequel to Badlands!  I’ve read countless articles explaining the themes throughout this album; I’ve spent numerous hours listening to and analysing the lyrics.  My favourites are: Heaven in Hiding, Lie, and Strangers.  Again, I connect to the lyrics and the messages so much! 

Thank you for reading about my most recent faves in music!  I certainly hope you’ll check these out if you haven’t had the opportunity to listen to them yet!  If you’d like to follow me on social media, my links are: Instagram.com/gorgeousandgeeky Twitter.com/NatCBenton 


Eleanor's Playlist:

1)  Harry Styles
The thing I have been listening to the most is Harry Styles new album! I honestly love this album so much. My favourite songs are Carolina and Kiwi. It's such a good mix of rock songs and more softer songs, I really like it!

2) Malibu by Miley Cyrus
Like Natalie, I have been loving Malibu too! It's really catchy and I am loving the country-esque vibes to it!

3) Riverdale Soundtrack
If you followed me on twitter you would know how much I adored Riverdale! I loved it so much, definitely, one of my favourite shows I've seen this year! I also really loved the soundtrack and since watching it I can't get enough! Anyone else insanely excited for the new series already?

4) Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld
I haven't seen Wonderwoman yet but this song has made me want to go and see it! I love this song, all about women power so good!

I hoped you enjoyed reading about the songs we've been loving lately! Do you like these? Remember to go and follow Natalie on her social media sites!
Lots of love,
Eleanor x


No comments:

Post a Comment