Friday 21 April 2017

Royal Coffee Scrub review

Hey guys! I am doing a surprise extra post this week since a product came in the post earlier this week for me to review and its the Royal coffee scrub from Naturelle cosmetics. This product retails for £9.95 and it is vegan and made with 100% natural ingredients.


You can get the scrub in lots of different scents, mine is in "Ylang Ylang" but to me it just smells like coffee I couldn't detect the other scent at all. I think it would be more prominent with the chocolate orange scented one for example. The product has a very very strong scent of coffee, if you don't like the smell I would give it a miss, it's powerful and not a discrete smell but luckily I do quite like the smell so I don't mind so much. One thing I did notice was that when you open the bag the product does not fill it, it's kind of like opening a bag of crisps, there is a lot of air in the bag. But you don't need too much of the product, I used about half a handful (I have small hands) and I probably didn't even need that much.

Actually, talking about the packaging I am not the biggest fan of it, I don't really like the paper bag it comes in and it was a bit of an ordeal to try not get the bag wet to get some product out. Next time I will definitely be pouring some into a little waterproof tub! I guess they are trying to go for a natural feel to the product which is why it's so minimalistic but for me it just looks a bit plain I guess!

The product looks to me like soil and it felt weird putting my hand into it! If you have long nails again I would recommend the tub and pour into hand method because it got stuck in my nails! It's a very abrasive scrub, which I really like. I think it would be amazing before fake tan and it really does feel like your body is getting super exfoliated! But if you have really sensitive skin I'm thinking it might be too harsh? I'm not sure. I followed up with my Dove purely pampering shea butter shower creme and moisturiser and as soon as I started to wash with the creme my skin just felt so soft. It makes your skin amazingly soft I could not stop feeling my arms!

For me, the biggest downfall is how messy it is! I got little black things all over my shower and I share my bathroom with others so I had to spend extra time cleaning the shower when I'd finished with it. But I do think that for special occasions it is worth it because the feeling I was left with was just so smooth and soft! But for me it's not something I would use everytime I showered or everyday as it's quite abrasive and it's a bit of a hassle to clean up. I have not used this on my face as I was worried it might be a bit to harsh for my skin which can get quite dry but if you have oily skin it could be really good on the face too.

Overall I love the naturalness of the product and it is one of the best body exfoliators I have used and it leaves you feeling so soft. But I'm not sure it is something I would use in a rush and definitely not every day!

Have you tried this? What did you think?
Lots of love,
Eleanor x


No comments:

Post a Comment