Tuesday 25 November 2014

Tunesday Tuesday- November





Hey guys! It's time for my monthly music post, I will be running down the charts and then showing you my own personal playlist I've been listening to this month. Plus as always I will be introducing you to a new star or rising star. So let's have a look at the top ten tracks at the moment.

Top 10- UK Chart

1) Do they know it's Christmas- Band Aid 30 
I loved the original of this song it's one of my favourite chirstmas song ever and I personally think it's a bit strange they choose to do the same song, I think they could have made a new one because this one already has been done by great singers of the 80's and like me people really loved the original and I don't think we needed an up to date version or two versions of the same song. Having said that this song does have lots of really good singers in, some of my fave and I really love the good message and intentions behind it, my only argument is I think they should have come up with a new one.
2) Real love- Clean Bandit and Jess Glyne 
One of my favourite combo's of artists. I think we all had high hopes when we heard this for the first time and I really liked it plus how gorgeous is Jess looking in the video! She has such a powerful voice and I think she's really talented.
3)Wrapped up- Olly Murs
My baby is back! I have missed you Olly! As always i really like this song just as I loved his last album, one thing I have to say though is that it's very similar to all his other songs hmm, I'm onto you Olly.
4)Thinking out Loud- Ed Sheeran
This is one of my favourite songs at the moment I adore it, it's so cute, Ed is a lyrical genius.
5) Dangerous- David Guetta
The video for this song is mental, it's just one F1 race which is nice and fitting for the races on at the moment. I feel like we haven't had anything from Guetta for ages and I really like this song, I just need to find a copy of it without the video!
6) Steal my girl- One direction. 
This one has quite an amusing video too. I'm not sure this has grown on me fully yet though, I still feel like it's going to pick up pace suddenly and it just doesn't.
7) Wake me up- Gareth Malone's all star choir
Who else saw this on children in need? It was so funny, i can't really rate this in terms of how good it is because none of the celebrities can really sing but it has really good intentions and I do thinking Gareth did a good job.
8) 6 words- wretch 32
This is a really lovely song, I like wretch 32's voice and style, it's quite slow but It's really sweet.
9) Blank Space- Taylor Swift
Okay I have been shamelessly listening to this song all month! I'm not even a massive fan girl of Taylor but I just love this song, I'm so excited for her new album too!
10) Outside- Calvin Harris ft Ellie Goulding 
I was excited for another Calvin Ellie combo and I think this song only came out a week ago or at least the video did. I've not heard it a lot and I think as I hear it more I'll start to really like it but what I've heard of it so far I really like it.

My Playlist
So this month I have been listening to a lot of Of Monsters and Men and a lot of Passanger mainly so I selected songs of their's I've been listening too and also a few new songs that I think are going to make it big, including a song by Kacy Musgraves who was a winner of a country award and this song has a really great message in that will have you dancing you you should listen to that!

1) No One's Here To Sleep- Naughty Boy ft Bastille
2)Follow your arrow- Kacy Musgraves
3)Love love Love- Of monsters and men
4)wake up call- Nothing But Theives
5) Scare away the dark- Passanger
6) Jealous- Laberinth (one to watch)
7) Fire Breather- Laurel

Star of the month: Laurel 
 My star of the month for November is a 19 year old girl from south England called Laurel. I would describe her style as haunting and seductive and she has been compared to great artists such as Lorde and Lana del ray. Her new album is self produced and she was classically trained singer, she's a very talented lady. Definitely check her songs out I think if you are a fan of Lana Del Ray you'll like her!

There we go guys! Next month as it is December I'm sure there will be a few Christmas songs thrown in there and I may make a special Christmas playlist. Remember you can find all my playlists including my November one here at my YouTube channel.
Lots of Love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment