Saturday 8 November 2014

Keep calm and carry on




Hey guys! Todays little thought is centred around the quote keep calm and carry on. I think this is probably the most well known saying or slogan, it's posted pretty much everywhere, in shops, in schools, in houses, on cushions and yet I never really properly thought about it until the other day.

Despite having seen this at least once a week from about birth, it never made sense to me, the quote had no relevance to my life and so I never took the message in. Sometimes things are like that, they don't speak to us until they strike a cord in our lives and this is definitely one of those times.

As a slightly renowned drama queen I lack this ability, to be able to keep calm in a situation and to carry on. My mum on the other hand is amazing at this, she manages to keep a calm head in disaster and know what to do and then to realise not to dwell on what happened and to carry on. I, tend to kick up a screaming fuss when things go wrong and dwell on it for months until I'm too exhausted to carry on. This is definitely something I'd like to change about myself and for this reason, this quote has become important to me.

So who are you more like? My calm, straight thinking mother or myself, a slightly over dramatic panicy mess. To give an example the other day my water bottle spilt in my bag and my notes got wet and after being dried, the pages are all fat and messy. Having found this just after I got off the bus, I burst into tears and I had to actually lie down for a bit, when in reality I knew the notes anyway, they were still legible and I could copy them up.

 Everyone has silly moments like this when they think things are the end of the world and they look back on things and laugh at how dramatic they were being and I think it's really important in those moments to just breathe, keep a calm head and carry on and this is definitely something I am working on.

Although I'm sure I'll have moments like this all through my life as it seems to just be the way I am, I'm seeing a difference in what I'm doing thanks to meditations and remembering quotes just like this, that remind us to get our  shit together and remember to keep our head up high and carry on, life's too short to get bogged down by the little things.

Lots of Love
Eleanor x

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely like you and find it hard to keep calm as well! Would be great to be able to keep calm though!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitley! Would be so useful to keep a calm head, ah well guess we all have something to work on!

    ReplyDelete