Tuesday 11 November 2014

Judgments


Hey guys! I apologise for the above gif, it just really made me laugh and brings me nicely (kinda) onto my little thought for this week which is about judging people and judgements.

I think basically everyone makes judgements of other people, it's impossible not to, whether they're good, bad or indifferent everyone judges everyone without even meaning to be horrible or a "judgemental" person. I, as best as possible, stop myself from making judgements based on a first meeting or even a first glance at someone which is definitely something that I have been working on. Now when I meet people I can pretty much shake any negative labels out of my head and focus on getting to know this person.

Labels and judgements often stick to a person too. If a person is labelled negatively often others will treat this person bad, even if the person has never given them any reason too.  Even sometimes without realising you're doing it, if your class/group dislike someone even if you don't, you find yourself acting differently than what you may have otherwise done. I think it's so important to realise how you're acting and then to remember that a person does not deserve to be labelled or judged in any way and to act towards them as you would any other person. It's so easy to fall into the trap of, "No one else likes her." or "No one talks to him." because they're not excuses. People have different pasts and experiences but that is definitely no reason to come up with a set of personalities for this person without meeting them. Just because someone made a mistake in the past doesn't mean you are allowed to judge that person (unless obvs it was something horrendous like mass murder but you get what I mean.) You've done silly things too remember, they're not the only ones.



Remember that you don't want to be judged or labelled and other people don't too. Don't encourage judgements either within your friendship groups or at work and definitely don't add to them. You never know, if you take the time to get to know them, you may find yourself a new friend! Never listen to someone gossiping about someone else and take their word that it's true or that a person is actually like that. I always love that quote, "What Susie says of Sally, says more about Susie than Sally."
See you later guys! Love you lots and lots
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment