Tuesday 21 October 2014

Do not let your problem become you

Hey guys! Today's little thought topic is on your problems and remembering something simple that has really helped me lately. I think we all have a tendency to over think and overreact to things, I do especially. But sometimes it just feels like everything is crumbling around us. for example in these last two days, I have lost: my keys at school and no ones handed them in, my sociology notes so I'm going to have to copy them all up from the beginning of the year and my stomach is really bad. But what I have been using and what I've found useful is this.

You are not your problem. You have your problem but it is not you and you will find a way to cope.

No matter how bad things seem, remember that your problem is something you have but it does not define you. I like that quote thats all over twitter and tumblr that you will have probably seen, "You have fat, you are not fat. You have fingernails, you are not fingernails."  I think this is really good to remember, that you can't let your problem become you, you can't let it take over you to the point where all you are is your problem and that's all your thinking about.




Remember you have to take time out of your problem too, be able to put your baggage down, If were scared about something we often imagine the situation a lot worse than it is so remember that if a situation did come about that you were upset about, you will find a way to cope. I can photocopy notes and cut a new key. No big deal and yet for me earlier that felt like it was the be all and end all.

So just remember don't let your problem define you whether it's acne or an illness it is not you, it's extra stuff that you will find a way to cope with and a way to overcome.

Your problem is not you.

Lots of Love
Eleanor x

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute little post and I hope your stomach feels better soon! <3 xx

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you on this one, sometimes we need to take a step back and truly realize that we are not our problem. Hope you feel better girl!

    ReplyDelete