Thursday 2 January 2014

New years relolutions- My challenge to everyone!

Happy new year guys! This post is part of two I guess, I'll be uploading the other this weekend and that one will be about my 2013! So today I wanted to talk about resolutions! I bet some of you already have a good idea about what you want to do in this year, I bet most of them are similar to mine, work harder at school, try get better grades, do more exercise, be more grateful ect. I was reading this article the other day and it was all about 'smashing your limits.'  The gist was that we fall into little habits that we don't realise and make an 'expectation ceiling'  this is what we believe our limits to be and so we don't challenge ourselves enough. It's like a safety net and we don't get over that. So this is my challenge for you all this year, my  challenge is you challenge yourselves. Maybe write this quotes down and put them somewhere you'll see them, on your ceiling, on your TV or laptop or on the back of the toilet door.
1. Do one thing every day that scares you- Eleanor Roosevelt.
Everybody knows this quote in fact I think I've talked about it before, I have it stuck on my celling. This is all about getting yourself out of your comfort zone. It doesn't have to be something massive like jumping out of a plane but even talking to someone you wouldn't normally if you don't like talking to people you don't know. Once we do these kind of things we get a sense of pride and like we've achieved something so go on, try do something everyday that scares you.
2. To hell with circumstances I create opportunities-Bruce Lee
Sometimes things happened that we didn't plan and that can change our lives completely but we should take this circumstance and use it for good. We hear stories all the time about people smashing their limits. People who are told they can never walk again and running around again within three weeks because they are so determined to get better, creating an opportunity to show people what they're capable of. So I something happens to you this year that effects you in some way try and harness it and use it somehow to create an opportunity.
3. Losers visualise the penalties of failure. Winners visualise the rewards of success- William .S. Gilbert.
Psychologists have said that if you visualise a positive outcome like getting an A on a test, can help you focus and make the goal seem more achievable. People often have quite visual ways of learning, for example in dance, it helps some people to visualise string pulling them up from toe to head and beyond and with that in mind it helps them to pull up their bodies. It's the same principle if you can see something clearly in your mind then your telling yourself you can reach that.

So there is my challenge to you, scare yourself, create opportunities and visualise success. Hopefully they will help you to smash your own ceilings and limits. Once you smash one ceiling, smash them all.

Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment