Thursday 21 March 2013

The question 'about me' appears on nearly every website you sign up too, twitter, facebook, etc. and as I see it I pause. I have no idea what to write, what do they want to know about me? it's going to take more than 140 characters (twitter I'm talking to you) to fill in exactly who I am so as usual I put something amusing in the hope that if people bother to read it will make them chuckle. It's difficult to talk about exactly who you are, especially if you don't know yet like me. As teenagers were all about finding who we are, are likes and dislikes hopes and dreams and with any luck, what we'd like to continue doing when were all grown up, or of course if you're like me and unless dancing to Avril Lavigne around your bedroom becomes a job you're probably going to be stuffed. It can be difficult to know what kind of person you want to be and even what you want to do as an occupation. Some days I wake up in one set of mind and the next ill wake up in another. I'll start to think I know what I want to do and change my mind within a few hours and it can feel as if you're never going to find who 'you' are, as cheesy as it sounds. Belonging anywhere can feel difficult, I'm average at everything I don't excel at a particular subject or sport or activity. People can know for certain what path they'd like to go down, they might be very good at maths or science or art but with me and I bet with other people, it's not like that because there's nothing you can say you're 'good' at. It's irritating I know, never to have one of those cliché moments where you suddenly discover by chance that you're naturally good at skiing or you pick up a pencil and draw a masterpiece or something and realise this is where you're life has been headed, and as much as I can daydream about those moments I doubt it's ever going to happen because I'm not that lucky. it's annoying and you can cry and refuse to get out of bed because you're crap at everything (been there done that) or carry on in the knowledge that there is something out there that you are good at, you just haven't found it yet and chances are its staring at your right in the face. we're made for a purpose so instead of sitting wondering when your cliché moment is, go out and find it.

Eleanor x
"I know I'm good for something I just haven't found it yet' -mayday parade

No comments:

Post a Comment